Re: dmasound_awacs.c, tas3001c.c

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 01:56:13AM +1000, Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:
> Hi all,
> For some reason, it doesn't retain volume through sleeps, so, it reset
> the mixer on wake...
> Can someone tell me if there is a method to disable that, or where
> abouts in the code it is, so I can mute it out permenantly.
On recent (~2.4.19 and later) benh kernels, the speaker volume is
controlled by the aumix Spkr slider. (Prior to this, it was wired to

aumix -p 0

will mute the console beep.

As to keeping it muted after sleep, I can't tell you any more at the
moment because revIII tiBooks go to sleep and never wake up. :(

konsole and KDE (can) provide beeps through another mechanism, and I
imagine that gnome and gnome-terminal can too, so you might want to
check that out, if it applies.