Re: preparing for an install

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Chris Tillman wrote:

> > On another (vaguely related?) note, how good is the SMP support in the
> > 2.4 kernel on PPC? And does Mac-on-Linux see both processors?

I have used SMP kernels for my dual 533 and they seem to work fine.
Two tuxes come up during booting; very cool.

The only problems I have are when using X Window.  I can start X
once and it works, but if I exit X and try starting it again, it
doesn't.  I need to reboot.  Seems like something is left in an
undefined state.  I don't know if that is SMP related or not.

Never tried MOL so I couldn't comment on that.

Fred