Re: preparing for an install

I am preparing to install Debian on my dual-G4 system. I even have a
spare partition I can put it on (I don't have any desire to get rid of
MacOS or the various partitions I have made to deal with it). I was
hoping to follow the instructions in
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html but it seems that the
partition must be the first on the drive. It also seems that only yaboot
can be used as a boot loader.

Not true, you can just reorder it when setting up your debian partition. See this article for good detailed instructions...

(and another good one on yaboot is on penguinpppc.org, these were a big help for me)

Jim M