Non native USB Mac

Previously: setup BootX for beige G3

Hi List

My Problem:
I cannot proceed installing r3.0 (after having successfully installed the
base system) because the system seems to have a problem with my USB devices.

My configuration:
MT Beige G3 333, 256MB, ATI64
PCI
OrangeMicro FireWire+USB
Utrawide SCSI (sym53c8xx)
Voodoo2 3dfx

base system on hda7, swap on hda8
Booting with bootX122, kernel vmlinux, /dev/hda7, force video settings, no
video driver

Symptoms:
A)
USB keyboard and mouse unplugged
Using ADB keyboard and mouse
-> I get to the screen: Congratulation, you have successfully ...
   -> I cannot hit OK (return). ADB Keyboard seems to be ignored although
the boot messages had some entries showing it did care about it.

B)
ADB keyboard and mouse unplugged
Using USB keyboard and mouse
-> kernel panic

hub.c USB new device connected, on bus 1/1, assigned device number 2
usb.c: USB new device connected, assigned device number 2
NIP: C0010008 XER: 20000100 LR:C0010100 REGS: C02f7cf0 TRAP: 0700
MSR: 00089032 [EE, IR, DR, ME]
TASK= c02f6000[1] 'init' mm->pdg c0240000 last syscall: 125
Last math c02f6000
GPR00: xxxxxxxx ...
GPR08: xxxxxxxx ...
GPR16: xxxxxxxx ...
GPR24: xxxxxxxx ...
Call backtrace:
xxxxxxxx ...
xxxxxxxx ...
xxxxxxxx ...
Kernel panic: exception in kernel pc C0010008 signal 4
Rebooting in 180 secs..

C)
With both the ADB and USB keyboards plugged

usb-ohci.c: USB OHCI at membase 0xd4301000, IRG 23
usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[freeze]

I tried a second time and got behaviour B)

D)
Tried with vmlinux24
The MacOS screen freeze, I can hear little activity on the disk but nothing
happens on the screen.

My question:
What to I have to do to be able to use Debian 3.0 on my Mac, using my USB
devices as the space bar of my ADB kb is dead?

Thanks a lot in advance for your valuable help.
Cheers
Fred