Re: [patch] pwrctl with cpu speed throttling

2

> Storing and resetting the old level is already done by pmud. Currently the
> whole video hardware is put to sleep instead of just turning the backlight
> off (fblevel off instead of fblevel 0) if supported by the kernel driver.

seems that my baby is awkward going to sleep, also.

> What would your solution provide that's not already done? Leaving the
> video hardware on but switch backlight off??

no. If you say the problem is in daenzer's XFree. Actually console
puts it to sleep without bothering.
Under X, instead, monitor get noised and it takes two steps before
going permanently to sleep. This is a known problem, AFASR.

--
Mij	-o-	mij@bitchx.it		-o-	http://mij.oltrelinux.com