Re: [patch] pwrctl with cpu speed throttling

On 24 Sep 2002 01:09:58 +0100
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net> wrote:

Carpe diem to ask Michael a little patch to snooze.
I started writing smth but I gave up not having longer
free time.

ibook's monitor get noisy just before falling into sleep
and just after wakin up. What about "patching" setting
backlight to 0 before calling sleep and resetting old
level at the very end of wakeup?

This can be very simply done by parsing "backlight -g"
output, but you can choose ioctl call directly too...

noise are not a big problems, but since the solution should
take really little time, I think it could be worth the time.
bye

--
Mij	-o-	mij@bitchx.it		-o-	http://mij.oltrelinux.com