iBook questions

I have a white ibook2 running Testing and some wierd things happening:

1) The X view is shifted down one line. the top line of the screen is
actually the bottom line. if I mova a window around the bottom of the
screen the top line changes. what gives? Friend has the same problem, both
ATI Radeon displays... This is completely independant of window manager
etc

2) The mouse [trackpad] locks up every now and then. This seems to happen
more when its hot and the only way I can reset it seems to put it to sleep
and wake up the whole laptop... is there some other way? I've been running
various BenH kernels for a while.

3) Linux seems incapable of playing DVD's at full rate on the ibook, I'm
guessing because any assembler optimized routines are for x86. Does anyone
play dvd's on their ibook and can show me a good setup? Tried xine / ogle
etc in SHM X11 OGL and other modes, no luck.

have fun,

SteveC steve@fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/