Re: iBook questions

Hi,
SteveC wrote,

> I have a white ibook2 running Testing and some wierd things happening:
>
> 1) The X view is shifted down one line. the top line of the screen is
> actually the bottom line. if I mova a window around the bottom of the
> screen the top line changes. what gives? Friend has the same problem, both
> ATI Radeon displays... This is completely independant of window manager
> etc

I have not this problem.

> 2) The mouse [trackpad] locks up every now and then. This seems to happen
> more when its hot and the only way I can reset it seems to put it to sleep
> and wake up the whole laptop... is there some other way? I've been running
> various BenH kernels for a while.

dito.

> 3) Linux seems incapable of playing DVD's at full rate on the ibook, I'm
> guessing because any assembler optimized routines are for x86. Does anyone
> play dvd's on their ibook and can show me a good setup? Tried xine / ogle
> etc in SHM X11 OGL and other modes, no luck.

You need Xvideo-Extensions. xvinfo for test.
X-Video Extension version 2.2
screen #0
  Adaptor #0: "ATI Radeon Video Overlay"
    number of ports: 1

This works for me only with XFree86-CVS.

lspci Output:
00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon
Mobility M6 LY (prog-if 00 [VGA])

bye
  Waldemar

--
8485 D0CE 2743 656E 867C  5C93 0317 AFD8 BE21 BD90