Re: Screen poweroff with an ibook

Hello,

that was a fast answer *impressed* and even two...

David M. Cooke (cookedm@arbutus.physics.mcmaster.ca) schrieb:

> On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 03:05:44AM +0200, J. Volkmann wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > as I use my laptop in classes, I sometimes don't use it for 20 or more
> > Minutes. Is there a way to turn the screen off manually perhaps with a
> > key shortcut?
>
> If you turn the screen brightness down to zero with the F1/F2 keys, it
> will turn the screen off.

Hmm. Works :-) This should save Power shouldn't it?

> > My laptop is an ibook2 with the radeon (2x USB, 700 MHz).
> >
> > Another thing: Is the ibook able to do a hot-switch of batteries?
>
> You mean, without being connected to mains? There's only one battery, so
> if it isn't getting power from somewhere, it goes off when you remove
> it. Considering that you can easily get >4 hours off of one battery, I
> haven't found that to be a problem :-)

Even 6 hours can be too less... and if you work really hard with
opening documents, doing stuff etc, you don't get the full uptime.
Usually I get about 3:50.

I just heard that the iBook should be able to survive about 1 minute in
sleep mode without an battery, I'll try that.

Thanks.

mfG Johannes