Re: Another quick beginner's question, sorry !

hi pedro,

I read:
> Debian on the imac tomorrow - just a quick question, will it be able to
> recognise my USB CD Burner, as well as all the sound files I have already

well it depends basically it should work using usb-storage and sr_mod
you can always look your device up here http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/

> (.aif and .wav) under Debian, without much hassle? I am new on this and

shouldn't be a problem as a commandline tool you can use sox to convert
many formats libsoundfile supports wav and aiff reading and writing most
sound editors players can also deal with these common formats.

regards,

chris@lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)