Re: Another quick beginner's question, sorry !

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 04:30:56PM +0200, Pedro Carneiro wrote:
> Thanks for all responding to my question yesterday. I will be installing
> Debian on the imac tomorrow - just a quick question, will it be able to
> recognise my USB CD Burner, as well as all the sound files I have already
> (.aif and .wav) under Debian, without much hassle? I am new on this and
> drown easily ;-)

[When starting a new thread, please post a 'new' message rather than
replying to an existing message in another thread. Most of us use
threaded mail readers and your message appears way down inside
another thread.]

I guess you meant existing files under MacOS. Certainly wav is a standard
playable format, and libsndfile appears to handle aif, although I don't know
whether there is a userland program which will convert it.

Check the documentation for cdrecord to find out about your CD burner. Since

man cdrecord | grep USB

returns nothing, it might not be supported for recording.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |