Re: Xine Audio

On Sam, 2002-09-07 at 18:04, Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 21:12, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > Does it support the audio codec of the movies you want to play? You
> > could try playing mp3s with it to verify that, or just look at the xine
> > output.
>
> Actually, MP3 does work. But audio/video doesn't work.
>
> Hmm... The DVD/Quicktime/ and other codecs should support audio
> internally yeah?

I think Quicktime is known to have sound problems with some movies yet,
and for DVDs it depends on the format of the audio track (e.g. I haven't
gotten a beep out of the dts codec yet; don't know if that's a bug or to
expect so far) - look at the xine output. Maybe you can switch to
another audio track that works?