Re: Xine Audio

On Fre, 2002-09-06 at 17:05, Menaka Lashitha Bandara wrote:

> I got an ibook2, 600MHz, 128MB Ram. I'm trying to get Xine working.
> Video is kick ass, but for some reason, I get no audio. Basically,
> Gnome2 mixer and stuff works, XMMS works, but I can't get Xine to work
> with it.
>
> Any ideas? Someone have success with this ever?

Yes.

Is xine configured to use OSS audio?

Does it support the audio codec of the movies you want to play? You
could try playing mp3s with it to verify that, or just look at the xine
output.

Or maybe something else is blocking the audio device? sudo fuser
/dev/dsp will give you the pids of any processes which have it open.