Re: more on ibook2 internal modem

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 12:34:31PM +0100, Robbie Pickering  wrote:
> Would one of the people who got the ibook2 modem working care to tke the
> time to write a short HOWTO?
>
> I'm in a vicious circle cos I don't want to switch to Linux until the
> modem is working (a Linux box that can't get onto the net is kinda silly,
> no?) but on the other hand it seems I need net access to get the newest
> kernel, etc. that I need to get it working. I could download it on OS X
> but of course can't directly do rsync and stuff from there ... :-(

Actually, I bet you can. rsync was already installed under Darwin in
the Mac OSX server we got not too long ago. If not, you can get it from

http://us.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gnu-darwin/direct-download/packages/ppc/ipv6/

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |