Re: Stupid wireless questions

>	Well, I have some questions here regarding wireless cards,
>	with which I'd appreciate if I got any help.
>
>	I'll probably be saving some money the next few months up to
>	Christmas to buy me things for wireless access.
>
>	1 - Is the airport card (the one that goes inside the iBook)
>	    completely supported under Linux?

It is, though unfortunately, it looks like the latest firmware provided
by Apple for the airport card is causing loads of problems with our
current drivers (mostly dropping big packets). I hope David Gibson
will find a fix soon.

>	2 - If one would purchase a PCMCIA card for a x86 notebook,
>	    which brands would be recommended, regarding the quality
>	    of support under Linux (and also availability)?

Cards based on either Lucent orinoco/hermes chipset or PrismII
should be supported by linux orinoco driver