Re: .config for rsync'd linux-2.4-benh (dragged down tonight)

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 09:43:28PM -0400, K Clark wrote:

> first time kernel-building on ppc. i grabbed benh's rsync kernel. i have an
> ibook, 600mhz, w/14 inch screen, cdrw/dvd et cetera.
>

> 1.
> anybody have a similar box, a working benh kernel {side question--how do i
> tell which version i grabbed off of rsync?}, and care to share their .config
> with me? i have no extra external devices that i need special configuration
> for. just the cdrw/dvd, for usb to work for my external mouse, onboard
> ethernet & my airport card, sound (of course), and hopefully the modem.

For the config file, you can find one at
http://www.hispalinux.es/~data/ibook/

The airport is in (unknown) state == dunno remember if activated in the
config.

The modem is working. Search in the archives, since there has been some
recent activity about it.

Carefull, since the maopping on the keyboard might change.

> i tried the listmodem.sh off marc's conexant driver site and got "no conexant
> modems found".
>
> currently running 2.4.18-newpmac
>
> also,
>
> 2.
> how often do the 2.4.x-newpmac binary kernel images update?

Dunno. Often.

Check it at /usr/src/benh.../Makefile

HPH

--
Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org

My idea of Heaven is a solid white nightclub with me as a headliner for all
eternity, and they LOVE me.
		--Father Dyer (The Exorcist)