Re: 2.4.19 -- no sound

(for Dan J -- this is the benh kernel, not powerpc kernel, which I've
not tested yet).

    jesus> Arts might have open the /dev/dsp.

Not in my case -- artsd claims it can't open /dev/dsp, and so falls
back to the null device (and I get beeps).

Similar for esd under gnome (but havn't checked in the last few days, and with
everything else going on, can't recall the exact error).

    jesus> You might want to use the xmms-(something_here) which clears the gap
    jesus> between songs and produces a continuous output, thus not releasing the
    jesus> dsp device at any time.

tried that, didn't help.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu