Re: firewire bus after waking from sleep

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:31:43AM +0200, Philipp Schmidt wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-08-24 11:39:24 +0100, Joss Winn <joss@josswinn.org>
> wrote in message <20020824103924.GC1378@josswinn.org>:
> > If I put my iMac to sleep, the CD-RW is useless after waking up
> > until I reboot. Scanning the bus with gscanbus or another scanbus
> > script can cause the machine to lock up.
  Hitting "eject" on the drive would probably get you the same effect too.
Any sort of bus activity after the sleep seems to be able to trigger it.

> > Does anyone have any sugegstions on how to 'restore' the bus after
> > coming out of sleep so the burner is useable again?
  As somebody else mentioned, you have to remove the 1394 drivers before you
sleep. I mean all of them, ieee1394, ohci1394, sbp2, maybe sd_mod for good
measure.  You can then reload them when you wake or want to use the device
again.

> i have similar problems with a firewire disk - unload the driver (perhps
> in the pwctl script) before sending it to sleep works for me. the
> firewire drivers seem not to clearly reinitalize after suspend....
  Unless somebody has worked on it the driver(ohci1394) doesn't do anything
to properly sleep or resume.  It just gets powered off by the PMU then
clicked back on, thus it's uninitialized when it wakes.

  I may try to kludge some sleep support into ohci1394, but don't hold your
breath on me having anything that works for a while.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
"One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad