Re: firewire bus after waking from sleep

Thanks.  I tried this (and other variations) for hours the other
night but whatever I did to load and unload the drivers, the next
time I went to mount the CD in the CDRW drive, mount would hang and
the drive would be useless.

The situation is like this:

The CDRW drive works well after boot up. If
I unload the drivers prior to going to sleep, 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi'
correctly shows the drive missing.  After waking the iMac out of
sleep and loading the drivers, 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi' correctly shows
the drive is there.  However, trying to use the CDRW drive results
in 'mount' hanging and sometimes a system hang.

any ideas on what the hell is going on?

thanks
joss