Re: firewire bus after waking from sleep

On Sat, 2002-08-24 11:39:24 +0100, Joss Winn <joss@josswinn.org>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20020824103924.GC1378@josswinn.org>:
> this would be great if I can find a fix....
>

> my firewire QPS CD-RW works nicely with the 2.4.18 kernel but for
> one problem.
>
> If I put my iMac to sleep, the CD-RW is useless after waking up
> until I reboot. Scanning the bus with gscanbus or another scanbus
> script can cause the machine to lock up.
>
> Does anyone have any sugegstions on how to 'restore' the bus after
> coming out of sleep so the burner is useable again?

i have similar problems with a firewire disk - unload the driver (perhps
in the pwctl script) before sending it to sleep works for me. the
firewire drivers seem not to clearly reinitalize after suspend....

AVE!
  phils...

--
     PHILIPP SCHMIDT / phils - - + - - > philipp@ppc.in-berlin.de
                                 ` - - > http://home.pages.de/~phils/

Lbh unir whfg ivbyngrq gur Qvtvgny Zvyraavhz Pbclevtug Npg ol oernxvat gur
cebgrpgvba bs pbclevtugrq zngrevny.  Vs lbh ner abg n pvgvmra be erfvqrag bs
gur HFN, lbh evfx orvat vzcevfbarq naq uryq jvgubhg onvy sbe hc gb gjb jrrxf
hcba ragel gb gur HFN (c) Copyright 2001 by Hartmann Schaffer (signature only)

:wq