Re: Woody on IBM RS/6000 7025 F50

Hi,

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:10:46 -0700, you wrote:

> Is it possible your terminal is set to a different rate than the kernel
> is communicating on? On Macs, the OF rate is 38400, but when I would
> pass 9600 to the kernel in the boot argument without changing the rate
> on the terminal, I would get something like that.

My terminal is minicom, running on an Intel PC on Debian woody.  I used
the minicom configuration menus to set the serial port parameters to
9600n1, as suggested by previous posts and various literature.

I still get a very slow console.

Best regards,

|   George Karaolides                      Planitis Communications Ltd.,  |
|   tel:   +357 22 45 65 00              Office 102, 11 Florinis Street,  |
|   web:   www.planitis.net                             Nicosia CY 1065,  |
|   email: george.karaolides@planitis.net           Republic  of Cyprus.  |