Re: On using the imstt driver on a 9600 (was: Re: X on a 9600 artifacts and AltGr on Keyboard mapped to where?)

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 18:49, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Aug 20 2002, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 21:06, Rogério Brito wrote:
>
> > > 	Unfortunately, it seems that imstt doesn't currently implement
> > > 	the XVideo extension. Michel, if you're reading this, is there
> > > 	any possibility of having XVideo implemented for the imstt?
> >
> > Does the hardware even have an overlay or anything that helps with
> > video playback?
>
> 	To be honest, I don't know. :-) But I can exchage this card
> 	for a Mach64 card, which apparently does. Is there any
> 	possibility of having XVideo with Mach64 cards?

Yes, e.g. you could try

deb	http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/debian/dri-mach64/	./

which are debs built from the Mach64 branch in DRI CVS plus a GATOS Xv
patch applied. I'm curious how this works on PPC.

> 	It would be nice to have Mach64 with XV included in upstream
> 	XF86, if there aren't any problems with it. :-)

It will probably get integrated eventually.