Re: My Debian Woody installation won't boot

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 08:34:53PM +0100, Dave Turner wrote:
> the 880K bootstrap is logical partition 2 as required (pdisk actually
> works!) even though physically it number 11.
> My mac system has a 500MB bootable partition so that when it has to
> be checked out for errors it is a quick scan of 500MB and not a slow
> crawl over the 15 or so GB I have allowed it to use of the 20GB disk
> I put in there.

Where did you find something that claimed the bootstrap had to
be partition 2? My G4 has the bootstrap just before the root
filesystem, somewhere around 9 or 10. I don't remember for sure,
but it certainly isn't number 2, and it works just fine. I doubt
your machine is any different in that respect.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com