Re: DRI Problems
- To: Michel D?nzer <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: DRI Problems
- From: <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 10:09:22 -0700
- Message-id: <20020812170922.GA14587@debian>
- In-reply-to: <1028887742.1271.360.camel@tibook>
- References: <20020808225502.GC16870@debian> <1028887742.1271.360.camel@tibook>
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 12:09:01PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > 3. XDM is broken - It seems to be some kind of xauth problem; strangely
> > enough though, everything works fine if I use startx. I remember
> > Branden claiming XDM was broken at one point, but I thought that had
> > been fixed.
> Not related, the DRI repository is missing code for XdmAuth. gdm works.
Umm, why? I'm not buying gdm with it's 40+ (!) package dependencies.
Seems to me that XAuth support is fairly important, esp. since 99% of all X
login widgets depend on it. Any particular reason it was omitted?