Re: DRI Problems
- To: Michel D?nzer <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: DRI Problems
- From: <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:11:06 -0700
- Message-id: <20020812191106.GD14587@debian>
- In-reply-to: <1028887742.1271.360.camel@tibook>
- References: <20020808225502.GC16870@debian> <1028887742.1271.360.camel@tibook>
Ok, I've got the DRI radeon code to work, I get a:
"RADEON(0): Direct rendering enabled" in my XFree86.log, however when I
do a 'glxinfo' I get a: "libGL error: failed to open DRM: Operation not
permitted". What am I missing? Do I still need to set the
LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH or something?
On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 12:09:01PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 00:55, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> > I've got a TiBook DVI, benh's latest rc5 kernel.
> > CONFIG_FB=y, CONFIG_FB_RADEON=y, CONFIG_DRM_NEW=y, CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y
> You don't need CONFIG_DRM* (in fact, they will cause conflicting files
> between your kernel-image and drm-trunk-module packages).
> > Upgraded to the dri-trunk XFree86 and I ran into a few snags:
> > 1. I'm getting unresolved symbols for the sis.o drm module; I'm assuming
> > this is because I didn't compile in the sis dri code into my kernel.
> No, it's because the SIS DRI code isn't being well maintained. Just
> ignore it.
> > 2. DRI doesn't load, it's got the wrong kernel version or something:
> > "[dri] radeon.o kernel module version is 1.1.1 but version 1.2.x (x > 0) is needed."
> It's not picking up the radeon.o from drm-trunk-module but the one from
> your kernel, which is too old.