Airport conking out (was: Airport weirdness with GUI web browsers?)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Airport conking out (was: Airport weirdness with GUI web browsers?)
- From: Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 00:35:52 -0700
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20020807213344.GD32450@gibbon>
- References: <20020807190840.GA32328@gibbon> <1028751510.2737.8.camel@apocalypse> <20020807203431.GA1335@byron.uswo.net> <email@example.com> <20020807213344.GD32450@gibbon>
Well, I guess I get to add myself to the list of victims with strange
unexplained airport failures. Tonight, after about 5 hours of
working flawlessly, suddenly I couldn't get my airport connection to
work anymore. I updated to 2.4.19 last night, but I don't know if
that is related. One thing I *did* notice was that iwconfig stopped
reporting the encryption key of the card (it wasn't just off, the
whole line disappeared). Bringing the interface up and down didn't
seem to help. I messed around and rebooted a couple of times and
now it is working.
Another piece of evidence for the pile.
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick | When we speak of free
http://www.3roses.com/ | software we are referring
firstname.lastname@example.org | to freedom not price.