Airport conking out (was: Airport weirdness with GUI web browsers?)

Well, I guess I get to add myself to the list of victims with strange unexplained airport failures. Tonight, after about 5 hours of working flawlessly, suddenly I couldn't get my airport connection to work anymore. I updated to 2.4.19 last night, but I don't know if that is related. One thing I *did* notice was that iwconfig stopped reporting the encryption key of the card (it wasn't just off, the whole line disappeared). Bringing the interface up and down didn't seem to help. I messed around and rebooted a couple of times and now it is working.

Another piece of evidence for the pile.

            Wilhelm Fitzpatrick  |  When we speak of free
         http://www.3roses.com/  |  software we are referring
                rafial@well.com  |  to freedom not price.