Re: Sleepy TiBook

On Friday 19 July 2002 11:05 am, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> It was total mistery until recently. It seems ATI is reacting for our
> query for informations, so there is some chance we get something working
> if they reply with meaninful infos.

Fantastic!  Is the issue that the ATI part isn't properly responding to the
request to switch back to D0? (Feel free to smack me around for my
learned-this-morning familiarity with Power Management).

> Another solution would be for me to put my hand on one of these (A friend
> of mine has one not too far from where I live) and try to hack into the
> MacOS driver to see how things work, but that is not guaranteed to be
> successful and takes a lot of time.

Understandable.  As I said, I've changed from 'pmud -a' to 'pmud -k', which
only turns off the LCD, and added 'hdparm -f -S 1 -Y /dev/hda' to the list of
things to do when the lid closes.  I've bothered to ask all these questions
for other google-crawling-tibook-owners out there ;)

--
Cory 'G' Watson
Hack, lest ye rust.