Mouse button 2&3 on iBook

Hi all,

In MacOSX with XDarwin, I have the the <ctrl> button set up
as mouse button 2 and <alt> as button 3.

I have attempted to do the same on Linux but now I have <ctrl>
acting like the mouse button 2 even if the main mouse button is
not being pressed. In other words, I have lost my <ctrl> button.

Has anybody been able to set this up correctly? I'm only
interested in X, not the console.

TIA,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)