Re: wmappl

Bastien Nocera wrote:

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 07:48, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
No need to send your humours to me. K&R never said that char should be
signed, it's not the norm. People just assume it, "Hey, it works on my
machine, so it should work everywhere". Next you're gonna tell me that
MMX assembly should also work on PPC because "What benefits do we get
from being incompatible with the rest of the world?".

Your time would be better spent fixing the programs that make this wrong
assumption.

Agree with Albert here.
Standards are more precious than how most people think.
Many peoples treat K&R as bible. They are authors of a widely used programming language, (not *good*, but *widely used*), but their book is one surely not one of the best every written.

bye