Re: yabootconfig fails on B&W G3

Chris Tillman wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 04:02:10PM -0500, Kent West wrote:

Then ybin complained quite a bit:

/proc filesystem is not mounted; nvram will not be updated
unable to find OpenFirmware path for boot=/dev/hde6
and similar message for other partitions.

Do I need to crack the case and check out jumpers and cables on the hard drives or something, like I'd do on the i386 architecture?

Dang. No, you've got bugs in your advice.

I was trying to tell you ow to do it the 'right' way, but since proc
isn't mounted in /target, it doesn't work. Here's how I always do it, which is kind of a cheap workaround but works.
cp /target/etc/yaboot.conf /etc/yaboot.conf
ybin -v

The cp was successful, but the "ybin -v" produced the same errors.

Kent