Re: DHCP

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 08:20:37PM -0400, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
> Reading interfaces(5) was certainly interesting.
> It helps explain why an insmod for my network
> hardware will configure a static address for me.
> It also says I can't use pump with a 2.4.xx kernel.

The man page should say pump is only for 2.2 *or later* -- the
sentence in question seems to be a holdover from the 2.0 -> 2.2
transition.  It works OK on my TiBook, and dhclient works on the old
7600 that I use as a firewall for my cable modem connection.  (The
/etc/dhclient-{enter,exit}-hooks provide a useful way to customize its
behavior for firewalls.)

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u