Re: networking issues on G3 b&w: UPdate

update: I just figured out it is the 2.4.18-powerpc kernel that is causing my woes.  I would like to down load another kernel not using dselect so I can then put it on the system and install since I can't access the internet from the G3 debian box just yet.

I have checked out debians website and mirror ftp sites and I can't find how to retrieve individual packages can any one direct me to a location for individual packages..

thanks,
adam

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 10:41, Adam wrote:
Ok, I tried something new.. I took another partition and installed the basics directly from the bindary disk one and got the box running on the network just fine.  I then rebooted back into my full debian partition and compared etc files ..apples to apples for any netorking differences.  I did not find any thing at all.  So then I checked the sys log and found that the eth was started just fine, I don't know what to do now.

>from my sys log file:
Linux Tulip driver version 0.9.15-pre9 (Nov 6, 2001)
PCI: Enabling device 01:03.0 (0084 -> 0087)
eth0: Lite-On PNIC-II rev 37 at 0x1800, 00:00:94:B5:D4:F9, IRQ 24.
eth1: BMAC+ at 00:50:e4:30:d1:31
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP
IP: routing cache hash table of 8192 buckets, 64Kbytes
Linux IP multicast router 0.06 plus PIM-SM

I also deleted my routes and installed them manualy and when it got to adding my def gw.. it tells me the network is unavaible. and then i get SIOCADD RT: Networkis unreachable....

Any help or ideas would be great.

Thanks,

-Adam