install on a old world ppc without floppy

Hi,

I've got a Apple 9600 on which I would love to have Woody (only).
The trouble is I removed the floppy years ago to make room for another
harddisk.
As far as I understood from the install manual I need to use floppies
for oldworld macs.
I don't have a floppy drive available I could put in.
Any idea how to go on with this?

Maybe create a ramdisk in MacOS and reboot from there?
That used to work to fix harddisk errors on my system volume.
But I wonder if it could work to load linux...

Any pointers appreaciated!

Greetings,

Vinai