Re: old world power pc with just debian?

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 10:45:14AM -0600, Dave Price wrote:
> I have an old pwer pc (not apple) system which works - has a full system
> 9 install on a loud old internal scsi drive.
>
> I would like to remove that drive and replace it with a woody only drive
> - just linux, no mac OS.
>
> I have read thru the install manual, and am still at a loss as to how to
> go about setting up a woody-only hard disk for this system.

Quik is the only way to boot an oldworld from hard disk without
MacOS. I have gotten it to work pretty well on my Power Computing 180.

Assuming you have a working floppy drive, download the woody installer
floppy images, burn them, be sure they will boot, then install the new
drive and use the floppies to install Debian there. The Make Hard Disk
Bootable step will install quik. Then reboot, and cross your fingers.