Re: -L not working properly?

"Michel Dänzer" <daenzer@debian.org> writes:

> > I thought the order of -L flags was 'last seen, first used'? What
> > would make the linker not use that order?
>
>            The directories are searched in the order in which they
>            are specified on the command line.
>
> So it seems -L/usr/lib is not only redundant but harmful here.

Hey Michel,

So am I delusional, and -L never worked in 'last seen, first used'
order? I thought the whole point was to be able to do things like:

  -L/priv/lib1 -llib1 -L/priv/lib2 -lib2 -L/priv/lib2 -lib3 ...

and ensure you were getting the correct libraries?

I'm downloading code off standard repositories that is suddenly not
linking because of this - did it change recently??

Cheers,
jas.