Re: Still trying to boot...

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 09:59:03PM -0300, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> I've trying to boot Debian GNU/Linux on a Performa 6360, so I configured
> the boot with the command: nvsetenv boot-device 'ofpath /dev/hda8' (note
> this is not back quote as in manual: nvsetenv boot-device `ofpath
> /dev/hda8`, but I get my machine is not supported).
>
> However, every time I turn on the machine, I get in the Open Firmware
> (version 2.0). With this machine there is no way to get in into OF with
> Ctrl+Cmd+o+f.

You must have auto-boot? set to false. You can list the settings in OF with

printenv

and change them with setenv.

> Is there any way to set the default partition in the OF?

setenv boot-device <OF-path>

Since you're in OF now, try

dev / ls

to see your device tree.

devalias

might also help to identify your ide/ata disk. Then you can set boot-device
to your device name, followed by :0 or :8 (for partition 8) similar to
what I posted in reply to your last mail. The only difference is in OF
you use setenv instead of nvsetenv in Linux.