Re: My own comments re: debian 3.0 powerpc release

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Lar writes:

> It was asking to choose from a list of paths, but none that I could
> identify with USB.  Once I got SSHD running, I stopped worrying about the
> mouse and started worrying about the popping / buzzing noise the CRT is
> making (sony).

Test your display:
http://www.cs.uml.edu/~acahalan/lcd/

Apple makes really nice LCD displays. The viewing angle
is huge, the colors are good, and you get a digital
connector for good image quality with pass-through USB.
The "mouse trails" problem LCDs once had is now gone.
Consider all that you could be missing:

the power cord
noise
weight
wiggle when you run a motor (washer, refrigerator, etc.)
flicker
wiggle when you highlight text
heat
blooming (white bleeds into black)
ringing effects near sharp vertical edges
the loss of your desk space
X-ray radiation
blurry text (try a 6x13 font at 1600x1024)
some of the power drain on a UPS
white-on-black text being nearly unreadable
loss of saturation for bright cyan, yellow, and magenta
that gray haze over what should be pure black