[off-topic] Re: Need help with afio on powerpc

On Sat, 25 May 2002, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
> if you avoid Win64, sizeof(long)==sizeof(void*)

  [...]

> So the only question is, do you care about Win64 at all?

Anyone knows why M$ decided to go with a P64 model instead of an LP64 model?
To prevent people from casting pointers to integers at all?

Answers like `They're just plain stupid, like always' are not encouraged,
unless that's the real reason, of course ;-)

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds