Re: Success with IBM JDK 1.3.0 for PPC _WITH_ JIT

Le ven 24/05/2002 à 21:54, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick a écrit :

> As satisfying as it may be for us to wallow in our "uphill, both
> ways, in the snow, img tag the cause of all moral failings"
> attitudes, it does occur every now and then in my workaday life that
> I must go and wrest some tidbit of information necessary for a task
> from some companies all-singing, all-dancing, flash'n'java infested
> web site.  And so I'm reduced to IE running under MOL for such tasks.
> Burying our heads in the sand in a fit of "not invented here" is not
> going to make such things go away, it is only going to make us look
> more and more irrelevant.

Sure, but the subject was : we've finally got a JVM with JIT under PPC
Linux, and that's nice...

This is not perfect, but great for server side java.

So what ? Are you all telling me you are going to develop a Moz plugin
for IBM JDK, or that your are going to implement a jit for Blackdown, or
what ????

AFAIC, I use java for server. But I'd love to see the wonders java can
do on client side... I just don't need it now, and I'm happy my apps run
twice as fast as before with this new JDK.

Regards,

Franck Routier