Re: XFree86 on a Wallstreet PBG3

Quoting rw who wrote on Sun, May 19, 2002 at 11:45:15PM +0200:

> yes i got the BUS ID-Entry, but another number. i took the one from
> command "lspci" wich gives me the result for my display controller
> (PCI:00:11:00). but i guess u are using a new-world mac, cause i have an
> older card (ati rage lt pro).

It has to be PCI:0:17:0 (lspci lists in hex).

I got X running on a wallstreet G3. Read the recent archive of the list,
but the gist is to set up the boot command-line to include 'video=atyfb'
(instead of 'video=ofonly'), use the fb driver selection in Xfree and
don't select video modes so it can detect what mode the framebuffer
offers.

                                             Koos

--
Koos van den Hout,           PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
koos@kzdoos.xs4all.nl        or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263                        -?)