Re: XFree86 on a Wallstreet PBG3

>> It has to be PCI:0:17:0 (lspci lists in hex).
>> I got X running on a wallstreet G3. Read the recent archive of the list, but the gist is to set up the boot command-line to include 'video=atyfb'(instead of 'video=ofonly'), use the fb driver selection in Xfree and don't select video modes so it can detect what mode the framebuffer offers.
                              Koos

many tks koos, i tried for a few hours without success.
so here is my new situation (x wont work):

PBG3 OLD-World codename "Wallstreet 266Mhz"
kernel = 2.2.20 (testing)
X = 4.1.x

BOOTX:

- in options "Force Video Setting" checked

- "No Video Driver" unchecked

- Args: "video=atyfb:mode:14,cmode:32,mclk:70 hda=autotune"

with this,i get a clear login-screen.

with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 i can select fbdev or the ati driver,
i get the same result when i do a startx: black-screen, no console switch
possible, just a hard-reboot.

(with glint i get the output: no screens found)

I deselected all videomodes in Xfree and enabled kernel - framebuffersupport.
And i changed the Bus-ID to PCI:0:17:0.

What have i done wrong???

Do i have wrong mouse settings, also how do i get the trackpad working?

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "BusMouse"
EndSection

Do i have to compile an ati-driver?

i work about a week on my X, i dont get it anymore!

i read alot in archivs, but the most of it was for older X-versions and itseems to have very different behaviors, so if anyone has some more advices for the recent woody, it would be great!

::ro::