Re: airport eth1, onboard eth0 & eth1 Tx error, status 1

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 02:40:10PM -0400, K Clark wrote:
>onboard eth0 is working flawlessly. have used dhclient-2.2.x and pump, both
>without problems.
>
>airport worked ONCE last evening. so here's the dilemma, and how i got there.

Someone more informed may be able to give you a better answer, but I've
only been able to get my airport to work when my onboard ethernet was
down.  Whenever I want to connect via airport, I do ifdown eth0; ifup
eth1, and vice-versa.

The reason for this seems to be that Linux can't figure out which device
to route packets to when both interfaces are up.  If you ifup both
interfaces and look at the route command, you can see similar lines for
both interfaces.  I presume this is the cause of the problems.  There's
probably a way around it with some combination of the route and ifconfig
commands, but it hasn't been worth it for me to figure it out.

--
Brian

                                            "We are each of us angels with
Email: bhv1@psu.edu                          only one wing, and we can fly