Re: boot-device variable for powerbook G3

Quoting Chris Tillman who wrote on Sat, May 11, 2002 at 02:51:10PM -0700:

> quik does not do symlinks. Substitute /boot/vmlinux-etc. (the exact
> name of your kernel)

Fixed that.

> Ah! Maybe it's trying to boot from hda7 then. What's there, can you
> delete it?

MacOS was there. Now deleted. Reinstalled..

Still, all I get is "can't OPEN". No progress ;)

> No, quik is just pretty flaky. benh has said he would do some owrk on it.
> If you still have MacOS, you can use BootX, which is what many G3 owners
> have done. But if you can get quik to work, so much the better...

Well.. I hope to be able to reinstall macos9 soon. If I can cleanly install
that I'll go that way.

One other thing: I can't find where to give command line options to the
bootfloppy. If that would work I could at least boot the rescue floppy and
get that to load the OS right.

(The documentation just assumes everyone knows where to enter this command
line... then when the rescue flop says "Try passing init= option to the
kernel" I say "WHERE?")

And: the woody install disk never did an nvsetenv boot-file.

                                       Koos

--
Koos van den Hout,           PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
koos@kzdoos.xs4all.nl        or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263                        -?)