boot-device variable for powerbook G3

I acquired a Powerbook G3 Family number M4753. And I'm trying to install
debian and make it boot.

I have no clue about macs. I installed debian-ppc and it won't boot. What I
gather is that I have the wrong setting for boot-device. I managed to get
into openfirmware (this looks a lot like solaris openboot, which I know ;).
Now I need the right setting for boot-device, and the default isn't.

Anyone experience with this one ? I tried a lot of combinations but stuff
does not work.

If the partition number is needed for this setting somewhere, the current
partition is /dev/hda10.

Thanks for any help,

                                               Koos

--
Koos van den Hout,           PGP keyid RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5 via keyservers
koos@kzdoos.xs4all.nl        or DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263                        -?)