Re: Arrgh: maybe pmud-utils was a really bad idea.

>Okay, so I'm guessing it was really a bad idea to install pmud-utils
>on my desktop machine. ;-(
>
>Can someone offer advice how to clean up my system and de-install
>pmud-utils knowing that I don't even have a command line?  I suppose
>I could mount my system under the mini-installation system to gain me
>access to the files on my broken system, but I don't know how to make
>the necessary adjustments.
>
>Thanks for any help!
>
>(And incidentally, since pmud-utils was obviously not a wise choice,
>what *should* I be using to get sleep mode working, assuming I can
>get Linux up and operating?)

Well, it shouldn't cause that problem, I suspect it could be related
to /proc/sys/kernel/powersave-nap beeing set to 1 incorrectly
(you should not set it manually anyway, the kernel will do it for
you automatically when it makes sense).

Try booting with init=/bin/sh, you should get a root shell so you
can edit the pmud scripts or remove it completely.

Ben.