Re: mac powerbook installation question

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 07:47:59AM +0900, marshal@h9.dion.ne.jp wrote:

>     jason> hi marshal thanks for your prompt reply.  well, i've since
>     jason> discovered that the cd's i received are not
>     jason> bootable--neither with "c" pushed down at startup or with
>     jason> the cd designated as startup disk.  best regards jason kahn
>
> I'm assuming that you don't have a bootable floppy drive either.
>
> So, you may want to try this website:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html
>
> You'll get then 'testing' release though...  I haven't tried it myself
> though.  But remember, backup!
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Marshal

Snother key combination that might do the trick, rather than C
at startup, is Cmd-Opt-Shift-Delete.

You can also boot it by breaking into OpenFirmware. (I recently
added this section to the manual in my .sig).

---
If your system doesn't boot directly from CD-ROM, you can still use
the CD-ROM to install the system. You can also use an OpenFirmware
command to boot from the CD-ROM manually. Follow the instructions in
<ref id="boot-newworld"> for booting from the hard disk, except use
the path to yaboot on the CD at the OF prompt, such as

0 > boot cd:,install\powermac\yaboot
---

(In chapter 5).