Re: mac powerbook installation question

>>>>> "jason" == jason kahn <kahn@attglobal.net> writes:

    jason> hello i am new to debian and want to install v. 2.2r5 on my
    jason> macintosh g3 powerbook "wallstreet" from a set of bootable
    jason> cd's i purchased. i have read the installation manual
    jason> several times but it is not clear to me how i can boot from
    jason> the cd's i have.  there are files for "dists" ".disk" and

Place the cd's in you drive.  Shut down the computer and hold down 'c'
while you turn on the computer.  Keep holding it until you get
something on the screen.  It should boot to the debian yaboot prompt
(just hit enter), if the cds have been written properly.

    jason> "install" on the installation cd.  my hard disc is already
    jason> partitioned with a linux operating system partition, a swap
    jason> partion, a transfer partition and a small bootstrap
    jason> partition.  if someone could help steer me through this

How did you partition the drive?  Did you use the drive utility under
MacOS?  If you did and chose A/UX Linux partitions, you'll probably
have to just repartitions it again with mac-fdisk.  It's part of the
installation process.

good luck!

Marshal