Yaboot not correctly passing args on compressed kernel images

Hi!

I've been installing Woody on an IBM rs/6000 B50 this days and I've had a
lot of trouble because I was not being able to get yaboot to tell the kernel
to use /dev/sda3 as the root fs, also it was not telling the kernel to use
ttyS0 as my console.

I had to boot from the net as the kernel when being loaded by yaboot,
insisted on trying to mount /dev/sda2 (8,2) as the root, and that was my
swap partition.

At the end it resulted that the problem was that I was trying to use a
compressed image of the kernel, zImage.chrp-rs6k, which was uncompressed ok,
but didn't get the right parameters (Kernel command line: =) while when I
used the uncompressed image, vmlinux, it worked ok (Kernel command line:
root=/dev/sda3 ro console=ttyS0).

Is this normal or is it a bug?

If it is normal and I should use vmlinux... what are the compressed images
for?

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net