Re: /dev/dsp

Cool, thanks. I've indeed got sound now. But I've got some new problems as well.

1) A constant irritating whine comes from the speaker. The "Speaker" slide in kmix has the desired effect on the whine's volume, but this brings up something else I'm not sure about:

2) The "Volume" slider in kmix does nothing. Should it? What is the difference between "Volume" and "Speaker"? That brings us to the third thing:

3) The volume slider in xmms also does nothing.  Is this related?