Re: Help needed with tibook 550 / Radeon mobility card / Pcmcia

Hi Mallum,
On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 09:33:50AM +0000, mallum wrote:
> All working now :))
>
> X was fixed by upgrading to X 4.2 . I had to build from source ( just
> with a default 'make World' ) and then rather ickerly installed over
> the existing X debs - it may be safer to install under /usr/local .
> I then switched the driver in XF86Config to 'radeon' and everything
> was fine - 1152x768 at 24bit color and all lined up correctly.
You can mostly avoid scattering self build XFree86 files over your
filesystem by building a static server, just add:
"#define DoLoadableServer NO" in xc/config/cf/host.def. All you have
to do is to copy xc/programs/Xserver/XFree86 to an appropriate
location then.
I needed a few small patches to work around endianess problems(e.g.
swapped colors in Xv,...). These can be found at:
 http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/xfree86/
Cheers,
 -- Guido